In Einstein: His Amazing Life and Incomparable Science, players take on the role of Albert Einstein during one of four periods of his life:
• Young Einstein, who emerged from obscurity to become a titan of physics
• Prime Einstein, an acknowledged leader of modern theoretical physics and international celebrity
• Globetrotting Einstein, traveling to the four corners of the world
• Wise Einstein, an idealistic sage who transcended science and impacted our social values
Each Einstein has their own deck of Inspiration Cards based on the real happenings of his life. These inspirations give you simple theories to complete. Using ideas from four different branches of science - physics, mathematics, chemistry, and philosophy - represented by four shapes, each Einstein places tiles representing their ideas onto an emergent common board. Players get points for completing their own theories, contributing to the theories of other players, and helping to finish major theories from Einstein's life.
As Albert Einstein transcended science and became a recognizable figure around the world, so the game Einstein focuses on simple rules and quick playability, an accessible strategy game for gamers and non-gamers alike.
The Genius Expansion evolves the world of Einstein and provides an exciting step-up for more expert players. Leveraging the components in the base game, along with some new ones, the expansion layers on the kinds of strategic choices and player interactivity that hobby gamers love, with a new deck of cards to bring these mechanisms to life along with entirely new rules for taking your Einstein experience to the genius level! More specifically, with this expansion players now have:
• Insight cards
• Genius scoring cards
• Prestige scoring that's broken into six categories: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Philosophy, Major Theories, and Collaboration earned during the game
• The opportunity to use inspirations and ideas played by both you and your opponents